Enrolling from Homeschool or Private School
Welcome to Sanger ISD! We are thrilled you have decided to join our SISD family. Sanger ISD recognizes credits and grades earned for courses equivalent to those listed in the Texas Administrative Code if the courses were taken at institutions accredited by or recognized by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). Coursework from non-TEA-accredited private schools, homeschools, or foreign schools are not automatically recognized without additional evaluation.
- To enroll my child from a non-Texas-public school, what is my first step?
- What determines my student’s grade placement?
- Must my student take tests to determine grade placement?
- What rules or guidance govern school decisions regarding placement following homeschool?
- What types of tests will my student need to take for grade/course placement?
- What other factors are considered in my student’s placement?