Social Media Guidelines
The district uses social media as an outlet to communicate with parents, students, and members of the community as well as other entities interested in our school district. We will update social media pages regularly to share information about student and staff achievements as well as other important district information.
Social media pages are maintained by Sanger ISD campus and central administration staff and are moderated during regular business/school hours. The district’s social media commenting guidelines will be used as a basis for monitoring comments.
Commenting on District Social Media Sites:
The district’s social media sites are available for all visitors to add their comments to district posts. Please keep these comments relevant to the entry in question. All posting of comments are at the discretion of the editors. The intent of these guidelines is not to keep any negative or critical information from being posted, but to protect the privacy and rights of district staff and students. The district reserves the right to remove inappropriate comments that do not adhere to the commenting guidelines below. The District will not, however, remove otherwise permissible comments based on viewpoint. All content related to District business on these social media sites are public record, subject to retention and disclosure. The District reserves the right to update these guidelines at any time.
We welcome your comments and look forward to what you have to say. We ask that your comments comply with the following guidelines:
- Comments are not allowed that contain profanity, threatening or harsh words, vulgar language, or inappropriate language or content. Please use words that would be acceptable in a K-12 education setting.
- Comments are not allowed if they include specific allegations, a personal attack or accusations about a student, parent, employee, or community member.
- Comments are not allowed if they include private information about a student, parent, employee, or community member including directory information, disciplinary issues, personal issues, etc.
- Comments are not allowed if they include offensive language that targets ethnic, religious, racial, social, gender, or other specific groups.
- Comments are not allowed if they include spam, advertisements promoting specific services or products, or links to other sites (including special offers or discounts for district employees). Should you wish to advertise or partner with the district, please contact the Sanger ISD Director of Communications Kelly Bounds via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comments cannot contain political messages.
- Participants are responsible for what they post. Comments may not break any law, confidentiality, or copyright or encourage others to do so.
- Comments cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
- To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personally identifiable information such as phone numbers or email addresses in comments.
- Reporters and other persons seeking responses to questions or requests are asked to send questions to the Sanger ISD Communications Office through normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions as comments.
- Anyone posting comments contrary to these guidelines may be prohibited from further participation.