Skip to main content

Sanger Independent School District

Mobile Menu Toggle

Sanger ISD Charge Policy





Child Nutrition Department


It is Sanger School District’s intent that children not be hungry at school; however, it is the

responsibility of parents or guardians to provide their children’s lunch or breakfast, or pay for meals

provided by your school.  All students will be able to charge two reimbursable meals to their account. Charges will be taken out of any future payments. Cafeteria managers will run a low balance notice often and send them home to parents.


The Child Nutrition Services website has a link for an online payment system, My

Payments Plus, that allows parents to use credit or debit cards. Cafeteria Managers are to work with the Principal to contact the parent and assist with students that are without money or lunch on a regular basis. If it’s an ongoing issue for a student, a call will be placed to the parent directly to talk about options, including signing up for free or reduced meals if finances are a concern. No tray will be taken from a student, therefore additional charges can occur.


There is no charging for any Ala Carte or snack items. Students that apply for the free/reduced meal program are responsible for the cost of their meals until the application has been processed. 


Teachers may charge from payday to payday. If a teacher does not pay their charges within 2 days of getting paid, they may not charge again until all charges are paid in full.


In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877- 8339. Additionally, program information may be made

available in languages other than English.


To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or

write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider.