FIELD TRIP PROCEDURE
When scheduling a field trip:
- When calculating travel time to your venue, allow for traffic condition and the slower legal maximum speed limit for a school bus which is 60 MPH. On school days, Transportation department provided drivers are available from only 8:30 AM until 2:30 PM and after 5:00 PM. Trips utilizing Transportation drivers must be structured to have the bus back at the campus no later than 2:30PM. For activities that are in conflict with this time window, a drop-off and pick-up after route can be used. If you are doing a drop-off/pick up please beware that it will be 5:00 PM before the driver can leave Sanger. If you have questions, you can contact Mrs. Jordan or Mr. Gleaton.
- The teacher in charge should fill out the On Line Transportation Request which is available Here. You will need fill out the form using your district email.
- The requester will receive update emails throughout the approval process.
- Once you submit your request, the date and availability will be confirmed by Transportation, your Principal, Supervisor or Athletic Director will approve or decline and the Transportation Department will approve or decline.
- If at any time during the process the trip is declined, you will receive notification via email and will have the opportunity to edit the request if a simple change will suffice to re initiate.
You can use the following formula to calculate the cost of your trip:
Use Google maps to plan your trip
Bus cost @ $2.00 per mile
Driver cost @ $24.00 per hour