Sanger ISD is deeply committed to partnering with parents to ensure the success of our students. Our campus and district administrators will be proactive in providing support and resources in a way that attendance does not need to become an issue for any student or parent. A wealth of information can be found throughout this webpage, in our Student & Parent Handbook, and through any of our campus administrators or attendance staff. We are happy to offer support to parents in their roles as education partners. Please do not hesitate to reach out to your student’s administration or school attendance clerk for additional assistance. We thank you for your continued support in this partnership.
GOALS OF SANGER ISD's ATTENDANCE POLICY
- Increase student attendance
- Increase academic achievement
- Reduce truancy
- Create consistency in all attendance practices and reporting
- Ensure accuracy and timelines in attendance/truancy procedures on each campus
- Utilize the courts in a meaningful and expeditious way
- Comply with state law and district mandates, policies and procedures
- Students should not arrive before school prior to the following times:
- PreK-6: 7:35 a.m.
- 7-12: 7:55 a.m.
- Doors will not be opened until this time. Do not drop your students off early, as students will be unsupervised and cannot get into the building early.
- School will begin at:
- PreK-6: 7:45 a.m.
- 7-12: 8:10 a.m.
- Administrators for each campus will communicate current plans for dismissal.
- Dismissal times are as follows:
- PK-6: 3:25 p.m.
- 7-12: 3:50 p.m
Attendance is one of the biggest indicators of school success. Students who attend school regularly are naturally exposed to more than those who are routinely absent. Furthermore, absences can quickly add up. A student who misses an average of twelve days a year from kindergarten through twelfth grade will miss 156 days of school which nearly translate to an entire year. Schools must do everything within their limited power to support parents to get their children to school on time every day.